Re: installing new steering rack

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: installing new steering rack
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:46:31 -0700
John,

If your alignment is proper on the old one, you will want to take good
measurements and mark where the tie rod ends are positioned so that
you can transfer them to the new rack and achieve at least a very
close approximation of what you had before.  That way, when you drive
to the alignment shop, it will be close enough that it won't cause any
adverse conditions that would affect safety or tire wear.

Joe