74 spits on VTR.org

To: "Spitfires" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 spits on VTR.org
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:46:51 -0500
If anyone saw the add on vtr.org for 3 74 spitfires in the bushes and were
curious, I bought them for a grand.  One was complete, the other two were
missing an engine.  One of them missing a top frame.  Everything else was
intact.  I found one engine in a shed with several other parts.  I just took
the seats and carpet out of two of them prior to storage. I don't know if I
paid to much for the carcasses but one could restore two of them without much
difficulty.  The third car floor was rusted badly in both the front pans and
rear pans.

If anyone is interested, while picking up the spitfires, there is a complet MG
midget, proposed to be in running condition.  I looked at the car, and
exterior is good, very little rust, engine is complete, still held pressure on
the coolant.  Interior looks good, seats had covers.  The owner says it ran
two years ago.  If anyone is interested it is in Farmville Virginia, Prince
Edware County.