New Member

To: "Spit list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Member
From: "Joe Frakes" <joe@ados.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:29:38 -0800
Hi all,

I just joined the list...and bought my first Triumph.  It's a '73 Spitfire
1500.  Seems to run well.  It needs a few repairs, gas tank is leaking (what
a mess that makes!), needs both rear wheel cylinders replaced, and has a
cracked exhaust manifold.  Not sure what the best way to fix the tank issue
is.  Anyone have any luck trying to have one resealed?  I'll be putting a
header on it to fix the exhuast and hope to get the brakes fixed soon so I
can actually drive the car farther than in and out of the garage.

This is my first attempt at a british car...except some minor repairs to my
sister's MGB.  My other car is a '55 Chevy with a 327 and six-speed.  This
thing has got to get better gas mileage!

Joe Frakes