Re: potentiometer for dash light control??

To: "Spitfires" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: potentiometer for dash light control??
From: "Greg Schluge" <gschluge@cstone.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:51:25 -0500
The fix for the pot as I understand is removal and direct connect.  You will
probably need a 10 watt Ohmite pot to make sure that it is safe.  I have not
measured the current going to the dash lights, but 10 wats should be
sufficient.

My 76 spit came with the direct connect approach and an empty hole where the
dimmer was replaced.

You might go to the junk yard and look for a dimmer.  As long as the pot is
ceramic and has wire wound resistive elements instead of carbon, it will
probably work.  From experience, the direct connect approach is fine.