Re: Engine cutting out

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine cutting out
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:34:52 -0800
The same thing happend to me last September. It turned out to be the
condensor. I replaced it with a new one and about 1 month later it went out
too, so even a new one can go bad quickly. They are only about $4 and easy
to replace. I would keep a spare condensor if I didnt convert to electronic
ignition. Yes you can convert to electronic ignition in 1 hour. I did it on
the Penn Turnpike 1/2 way to Ohio. I had a spare everything including the
electronic conversion kit, but no condensor.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg Va.
67 Spit Mk II     Soon to undergo a Spit 6 conversion.