Re: GasGauge Sender Unit Leak

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: GasGauge Sender Unit Leak
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 11:51:11 -0500
I've mentioned this before on the list but it's still one of my favourite
stories -   When I was restoring Fireballl I discovered that the gas gauge
was in one of those wrong positions - and the float was on wrong (I don't
remember exactly how) and so the gauge read backwards!  The ring was in very
good condition but stuck firmly in place leading me to believe that the car
had been like that from new!

Luke
'71 Spit "Fireball"
'74 Spit "No-Name Rustbucket" who I pick up tomorrow!