Re: my carbs - update

To: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: my carbs - update
From: "Gwen Harris" <gharris@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:06:10 -0500
James,
           Is it possible that the throttle discs are backwards? I believe
there is a slight angle built into the O.D. of the discs so that there is a
flat sealing edge when the throttle is closed.(when closed it is not
straight up and down) So if the throttle plates are backwards,you will get
the opposite effect.A very thin edge to seal. I hope I've explained this
properly,I cannot recall where I read this info,or if it is your problem,but
may be worth checking out.

                                                          Good Luck,
                                                          Bob Harris