Re: MK3 Wiring Harness Wanted x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MK3 Wiring Harness Wanted x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 13:02:07 -0500
This brings up a point that I have wondered about:  When you buy
a replacement harness, does it include the fuse box?  I have
never seen the fuse boxes available separately.  If you can't
get a new fuse box, how can the harness-makers get them?

Since the fuse contacts are crimped directly to the harness wires,
I do not see how you can replace just the fuse box, or just the
harness, without some ugly splicing.

(In any case, the Spit fuse boxes are wretched pieces of junk.
I wish somebody sold a better-designed replacement that would
fit where the original one goes.)

Doug Braun
'72 Spit