Re: Intermittent poor running

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intermittent poor running
From: Ben Miller <no1-bronco-fan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:42:18 -0700
This sounds EXACTLY like a problem I had with a Datsun 810 wagon. Kept
speed just
wonderfully, light acceleration was no problem but uphill or hard
acceleration caused
all kinds of havoc. After spending about $150.00 without any progress I
replaced the
$2.00 in-line fuel filter and the problem was gone. It's something you
might want to
check as even some good mechanics will miss a partially clogged filter
because it
idles fine.

--
Ben Miller
--

Richard Gosling wrote:

> Daffy seems to have an occasional poor running problem.
>
> Most of the time she runs fine, plenty power (for a Spit), smooth
(well, as
> good as you expect for a Spit), no complaints.  The problem occurred
> yesterday while driving through stop-go traffic, and was apparent when

> pulling away from a standstill.  The problem continued until I had
been
> driving more normally on open road for a few minutes.  I also had
something
> similar on the long drive up to Scotland, I was cruising along happily
at
> around 70 mph on the motorway, the problem occurred if I tried to
accelerate
> at all.  I stopped to tinker for 15 minutes and when I started again
(having
> not adjusted anything but taken a couple of things out and put them
back) it
> was fine, but the problem returned later in the motorway journey.
Once off

--
Ben Miller