Horn button

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horn button
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 07:46:58 -0500
All this talk about the horns made me jump on my NON working ones.
The horns themselves work fine, I have a hook up problem.
I pulled the plastic thingy from the steering wheel.
I have:
A plastic holder, a metal octagon shaped piece with a stranded copper wire
attached at the end, a spring that looks like it came out of a ballpoint
pen.

That's it.

The metal piece looks like it should move up and down, but how is the spring
suppose to act on the metal when there is a divider inside the plastic tube
?

Plus the spring does not protrude through the base of the plastic tube .

Do I have all the parts ?

Craig Smith
36 Pelham Ridge Drive
Greenville, SC 29615