Re: carb conversions

To: George Parker <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: carb conversions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:20:52 -0700
Well, George!

I have a Mk1 Spit with a Modified 1500 engine that does just fine with a pair
of 1-1/4 carbs from a Mk3 Spit.  In fact it goes like stink!

And Kas Kastner will tell you that he was able to generate 123 hp from a 1300
engine using twin 1-1/4 SU's.  That was more than the factory works
department was able to get from the same engine using dual Weber DCOE's.

Joe