Re: Erratic Idle

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Erratic Idle
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 07:46:14 +0100
In article <"020EA3B810AF601A*/c=us/admd=  /prmd=Cat/o=NOTES/s=Gosling/g
=Richard/i=B/"@MHS>, Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
writes
>Donald and Mike,
>
>UK late engines did have this over-run valve.  I soldered mine closed.  You
> could do the job properly and buy new butterfly valve discs that don't have
> the valve in  in the first place, if you care.

Thanks for clearing that up.  Now, the big question - given that Triumph
felt these things were necessary and beneficial, clearly they had some
purpose.   What functionality do I lose if I solder them up?

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"