Fixed one thing and broke another...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fixed one thing and broke another...
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:27:52 -0400
Had to replace Freddy's starter today - can't complain, it was the original
starter out of my 74 parts car and the replacement was only $80 from
LBCARCO. Unfortunately, in the process, I bumped the hose that goes to my
mechanical oil pressure gauge and broke the darn thing! Old and brittle
plastic. Shot a stream of oil a good six feet across the garage when I
started him up. So where do I get a replacement? Looking at it, it does not
look possible to re-attach the end. Would need some sort of heat die. It's
a Jaeger mechanical gauge, probably from a Jaguar - the needle hangs from
the top, opposite the way the Triumph Smiths gauges work.

Thanks!
Kevin and Freddy in Westbrook, Maine