Re: water pipe fittings - why not brass?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: water pipe fittings - why not brass?
From: Dan Canaan <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 11:33:02 -0700
I cannot see any reason not to use brass in this situation.  Brass is used
elsewhere in the system without trouble.  Expansion is sometimes and issue
though as the two metals expand at different temperatures.  A bit of teflon
pipe sealant on the threads of the brass fitting will take care of that
though.

-Vegaman Dan
 |             |   1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk III   *   Furry Artist      |
 |             |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |    Canaan   |     ConiFur NorthWest 2001 - Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |   Flinters@picarefy.com * http://jarmac.picarefy.com   |