carbs, wobble and swerve

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: carbs, wobble and swerve
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:36:35 +0100
Just had a glorious morning driving the spit to and from a meeting in
the countryside..
Good fun, lots of noise, air and sun!
But as always it threw up a few niggles.
Sophie seems to have developed a slight delay in acceleration when I
plant the throttle at around 2000rpm in 4th.
I wonder wether It is a needle problem (shes using SU HS4 x2 and AAT
needles) or the dashpot oil or spring are wrong? the spring is the
uprated one that triumph tune suggest with AAT needles, free flow
manifold, exhaust and K&N filters. I have all this except the K&Ns (I
have cheepy foam pancake filters instead)
Anyone have an idea where to start?
Also noticed a steering wobble at 75mph that came and went rythmically,
I'm guessing front tracking, would I be right?
And finally the brakes seem to be working great (had to test them hard
when the guy in front decided to emergency brake to turn left into a pub
carpark!!
However they pull slightly to the left. the whole system was rebuilt
last year (new seals in the calipers), and passed the MOT fine, however
I think I may have got the wrong pair of part used brake pads on the
wrong caliper.
Bad idea?
Say yes, and I am off to by those trendy "green thing " Kevlar pads
everyone has been talking about.
Thanks for help
Cheers
Tim