Body and hardtop need a new home

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Body and hardtop need a new home
From: bill@whwoodruff.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:34:50 -0700
Hi Guys,

        A few years ago I bought a spitfire bodyshell from someone on the
British cars list.  I had dreams of replacing my current "convertible
GT6" bodyshell with this new one and making the old one into a race
car.  Many things over the years have tried to kill the project: having
a baby, restoring an AH 3000, owning a 120 year old house, etc.
However, it seems it was the first mistake I made that has finally done
it in.  I never actually got permission from my wife to build a race
car:)

        So, its time to let you dream about all the things you can do with
the body while it collects dust in your garage.  The shell is a fairly
pristine yellow '78, located in San Francisco.  It has a few small
dents (door dings) but no rust; this was an Arizona car. By shell I am
referring to the body tub and the bonnet.

        I also have a hardtop that hasn't seen the light of day for at
least ten years.  It is in usable condition (6 out of 10).  If you are
interested, email me off the list and I will send a couple of digital
pictures.  Thanks,

Bill W.

///