New subscriber

To: spit <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New subscriber
From: Howard Allen <Howard.Allen@fairchildsemi.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 23:15:32 -0400
Hi;
Just subscribed so wanted to introduce myself.  Live in Limington
Maine.  Own 1974 1500 which I bought while going to school in 1983.  Car
was a junker some kid had - used to belong to a drug runner.  Kid had
put an old 1965 Herald 1200 engine which I ran till 1985, last time I
ran the car.

Since then I have been dragging it from domicile to domicile,
accumulating parts.  Recored the old Herald full size radiator that was
in it and put in another 1974 1500 engine from a wreck (rollover with
50,000 miles on the clock) 5 years ago.  Kept the block full of oil and
turned her over by hand once a month.  Till April!  Hooked battery up,
installed radiator fluid and hooked up a temporary gas tank for her and
fired her up.  Blew out 15 years of accumulated mouse nests and rust
then settled down to a nice idle.  Even impressed my son.  Yesterday I
drove it around in the yard for the first time in 15 years.  My daughter
(15) loves the car even though it looks like a pice of junk (well
kinda).

Well, nuff said.   I still have lots of work to do before she goes on
the road but it is now mainly cosmetic since I have totally rebuilt the
front end, rewired out as much Lucas as possible, rebuilt all the
(irritating crappy) hydraulic cylinders, (bought parts car to get the
right transmission (anyone want a genuine Herald transmission that
works?))  Oh yeah, the car is running on two SU HS2's I bought from a
guy 10 years ago - just need to replace one main jet as it is leaking
slightly. (any parts sources for these things in the States, I have been
in contact with Canley).

g'night!

///