PCV Valve for Weber DGV -RESULTS

To: Spitfires Maillist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: PCV Valve for Weber DGV -RESULTS
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:53:51 -0400
As many of you are aware, I have just completed the installation of a Weber DGV,
Rimmers performance stainless steel exhaust, and some head work on my 76
Spitfire. The past weekend (Spring Fling in Niagara Falls) was the first
opportunity to put the whole she-bang to the test.

The big test was a success. The overall drive to, during and from the event in
Niagara Falls was about 300 miles. I drove expressway, city, stop and go, slow
cruising, and then drove hard wherever I could on the backroads, up hill, down
dale, and through the corners.

The PCV setup from the valve cover to the intake manifold worked flawlessly.
There is no trace of oil leak around the dipstick or distributor housing, or
anywhere on the block. The only trace of oil is on top of the valve cover and
there are two ways for it to get there, either under the holding nuts, or
through the vent in the cap. I'll plug the cap and add rubber washers and it
should be fixed.

The performance improvement is significant, with lots of mid range additional
power. The exhaust is louder during hard acceleration than the stock muffler but
quieter while cruising in overdrive. I really enjoyed the back road run as there
were several opportunities to let 'er rip. Heck, even my wife noticed the
difference. This car was fun before but is even more fun now!

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario

http://www.vicwhit.com