Re: Racing flywheels and clutches

To: FFA <jackson@fellerfinch.com>
Subject: Re: Racing flywheels and clutches
From: William Manning <gripdad@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:43:55 -0800
Chris
    I use an aluminum flywheel of unknown origin with a stock clutch and disk
in my vintage race 1400 cc (stroked 1296 small journal, dual Webers, 13.5 to 1,
radical cam, open
exhaust, etc.) Spit that puts out about 130hp to the rear wheels. I've tried
fancy clutch disks and linings and they didn't work as well as the stock setup.
Cheaper too. The
aluminum flywheel is a must on a race car for weight savings and engine
response when running a fairly radical camshaft.

                                    Bill-    VARA E/P #3