Re: An auction question (was: Re: e-bay)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com,
Subject: Re: An auction question (was: Re: e-bay)
From: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:15:12 -0800
Thought everyone would like to see the following, which came from
triumphspitfire.com.  Does this mean my spit is now worth more?  Of
course, I don't know what 18,000 Australian translates to in REAL
dollars.

Brad

===========================

                              SPITFIRE Mk3: $45,000.00 Invested !!!!
                    Categories:
                              World: Cars for sale
                    Ad Number:
                              503
                    Date Posted:
                              02/06/2001
                    Contact:
                              Graham Warrender
                              28 park Street
                              Orange, N.S.W. 2800
                              Australia
                    Telephone:
                              61263629705
                    E-Mail:
                              photorings50@hotmail.com
                    Web Site:

                   Description
                   Multiple concourse winner. Very best example available
worldwide. Bare metal
                   professional ground up restoration. All parts new ex
England. Has hardtop
                   chrome wire wheels overdrive. Two year,2000 hours
rebuild.Absolutely very
                   best. Internet photo's and lengthy build sheet
availble. Repeat! multiple
                   concours winner. Scored 99 point out of possible 100.
Nearest rival. 85 point.
                   1800 miles since completion. Almost too good to drive
BUT not quite! An
                   oppertunity now exists to buy one of the very best
available. Will not disappoint.
                   Hurry! You only have one chance to aquire such a gem.
Sale price $18,750.00
                   Australian.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!