Re: e-bay

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Subject: Re: e-bay
From: flinters <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:08:37 -0800 (PST)
I recently bid on some side covers for a Honda CB500 motorcycle as the two
I have on there now are in poor condition from when the bike was laid on
its side (PO).  I happily bid $5.00 on them.  A couple of days later I
checked and found that the covers listed were for a CB500/T or twin
cylinder.  I have a CB500/4 or four cylinder.  The covers are the wrong
type.  The seller was correct- they did even post a warning in the message
about the different types but I missed it.  I've since won the
auction.  I'll be sending a check to the seller and telling them to keep
the covers- It was my fault for not reading the text fully before bidding
so I'll pay the penalty.  It is the buyer's responsibility to read the
full entry.

Sniping, as last minute bidding is often called, is actually part of the
hunt.  It can sometimes come down to whomever has the fastest finger on
the RELOAD/REFRESH button on their web browser to get that last bid in.

Of course this is all a good reason to bid on Jeff McNeal's Totally
Triumph Auction, right?  :)

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *