Re: Ebay policy question

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>,
Subject: Re: Ebay policy question
From: "Laura G." <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 16:09:35 -0800
> With all the talk about ebay stuff lately I have a question about "what to
> do when".  In this case I was watching an item for my wife's mustang and
> another person had a bid in on it, new ebay bidder ( no previous
history ).
> I went and bid on it within the last minute and ended up getting the item.
> Well 10 minutes later I recieved an email from the previous bidder as
> follows:

> Subject: that was cheap
>
> talk about sleezy... bidding at the last minute..

He's the sleazy one. (And a piss poor loser, if you ask me!) You could give
him benefit of
the doubt this time, but if you get another-I would report him. Ebay has
been known to
throw  people off. (I know a couple of people who have been thrown off.)
Keep everything
just like you would if you had threatening email.

I've done what you did-more than a few times. That's the game. I've never
had a nasty from anyone, though.

Also, keep in mind that though this person has "no previous history"-he
might be one of these jerks
who have been thrown out in the past-they'll go back on with a different
e-mail and different info.

Sorry this happened to you.

Laura G.
Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!