Re: Steering wheel leather

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel leather
From: "Laura G." <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:59:25 -0800
> Laura-
> About a week or so ago another lister(maybe on Triumph list- don't recall)
> asked a similar question-
>
> I actually went to the steering wheel section of the local Pep Boys and
> found a great replacement leather cover there. Not the foam filler vinyl
> one, but genuine thin leather, with just about the exact grain as the
> original. It was a "Superskin Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover (PN)
> 58-0650B Black" and was made by Superior Industries International Inc, Van
> Nuys Cal. 91406-1788

I bought one of those around Christmas time-it was way too big, but I knew
that from the
size on the box. But-it wasn't wide enough-even with careful stretching, it
wasn't wide
enough. Too bad-it would have been perfect!

The same problem with the leather kits they sell in Moss-plenty big, but not
wide enough .

Laura G.
Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!