Re: Non LBC Wiring harness replace or repair

To: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: Re: Non LBC Wiring harness replace or repair
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:39:16 -0500
I've rewired several different vehicles from one end to the other.  It isn't
terribly hard to do, especially on something as simple as a 66 Mustang.  The
rub is if you want to go oem correct on the wire colorations.  Then it becomes
nearly impossible to do yourself, and hidiously expensive.  JC Whitney sells
at a pretty good price a set of wire spools with about 15 different colors.
Home improvement stores like Lowes or Home Depot now tend to carry a good
selection of properly gauged and insulated wires, again at good prices.  That,
some identification tabs for your connector ends, and a good notebook, you'll
do just fine.

To aleviate the tantrums of the petty minded, this can be done to Spitfires as
well (the obligitory Spitfire comment for the immature and narrowminded).