Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] new tool - hub and bearing carrier

To: spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] new tool - hub and bearing carrier
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:22:37 -0500
Only thing that concerns me is the use of a flat faced bolt as the
center pusher.  The original one (there's one on e-bay right now btw)
used a ball there.  Gear pullers use a swivel foot.  This prevents the
galling action that damages the face of the part being pushed, the axle
in this case.  It also reduces the torque required to push the parts
apart.

If nothing else, it would be wise to instruct the customer to apply
grease to the face of the bolt when using it.