Re: Tow Dollies

To: "Mike Ginter" <mikeginter@frii.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Dollies
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:58:10 -0500
First, I would HIGHLY recommend using a full car-carrier from U-Haul to move
the car. The cost is not that much higher for a one way, and the car is much
less inclined to be damaged physically. I recently moved my Herald 1200 to
NJ from Baltimore, and went this route. The cars have the same clearance and
wheel track, so the Spitfire will fit- but it is a"just fit" It looks close,
and it is- the inner part of the ramp, which keeps the car from dropping
between ramps, will almost touch the insides of the tiers. But it will fit.
Then just ratchet down the tire restraints, and hook the safety chains to
the front and rear, and there you go.

Let me reiterate- I Highly Recommend the full car carrier. No chance of
incidental drive train damage, in case any problem develops. And easy to
drive/push/on & off.

Scott
64 Herald 1200 Convertible which successfully survived the above transport,
despite my best efforts...lol