Re: Vicky brit questions

To: Spitfire 1500 <s1500@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Vicky brit questions
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:26:58 +0000
Spitfire 1500 wrote:

> Well, I just got a heapload of money from my employer, and am considering a
> few car-related purchases.
> Few oddball questions tho:
>
> 1. I bought the Crane cams kit for my '79, but the rotor/disc assembly thing
> that goes in the distributor was NOT included. Was I supposed to get it, or
> just drool over the pictures in the catalog?

I assume you are referring to the optical shutter.  If so, that is definitely
part of the kit.  In fact, you should have gotten several
different ones for different applications.

> 2. Consideirng bucking the 1 grand for the whole interior kit. Does this
> include the transmission carpeting? If so, do I have to remove and re-sew on
> my gearsihft boot?(mine has the plastic end broken off).

My molded carpet kit included a sewn-on vinyl (leatherette) shift boot that
doesn't require any user supplied pieces.

> 3. considering getting the complete exhaust thing too. If I were to swich
> over to the 4/2/1 exhaust pipe arrangement and ditch the emissions stuff, do
> I have to cut thhose pipes off to do it, or is it a simple re-bolting of
> things?

Likely, anything you do in replacing the ehaust will result in some fitting
and/or modifications to get it all together.

Joe