Re: BMW "Z" as TR (Long, Was is TR coming back?)

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: BMW "Z" as TR (Long, Was is TR coming back?)
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:20:30 -0000
Hi Fred
I think you have hit the nail on the head, have you thought of trying to
sell this formula to BMW. Ooops perhaps it's a bit late now you have made it
public.
I did like some of your analogies!
And whilst on the subject I think at least some of the Triumph range of
vehicles DID compete directly with the BMW marque and compete quite well.
(and may have done better without the constraints applied by Leyland to stop
them from competing with group products!)

Graham.
2.5 PI MKII
Sprinted Dolomite
2000 MKI