is T/R coming back

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: is T/R coming back
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:37:02 -0500
I like the idea of BMW registering the parts trademark and hope this is the
reason, some years back Ford Motor Co. did the same thing on any after
market parts for 30', 40's, 50's Ford parts, the manufacturer had to have
the parts approved to Ford quality standards (a small royalty to Ford of
course), this stopped most of the so-called junk after market products
(Far-East) for these cars, if the Ford approved label was not on the
container "Do not buy it" and it works, this would certainly give  a better
part for our cars, a little more expensive, but safer and longer lasting, so
cheaper in the end, this is just my thinking on this T/M  "FT"