RE: Tires?

To: "'Laura.G@141.com'" <Laura.G@141.com>, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tires?
From: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 21:54:25 +0800
I've had Dunlops on my 300ZX for 6 years and 90K miles.  I love them.  THey
stop well,  wet or dry, and grip like a rolling suction cup on corners.  BUT
(there's alway  a but) they don't last very long.  40K miles, tops.  THat's
on NYC streets (lots of starting and stopping) and NYC highways (lots of pot
holes). I believe the model is Dunlop A4 215/60R15.

I did a gymkhana two years ago with it as the Midget's engine was still
being rebuilt.  They performed really well and only lost traction on the
sharpest of turns going pretty fast.  I was pushing it hard.

The Michelin X Metrics (155R13 non profile) I have on the Midget are very
good as well.  Not as good stopping in the rain, though.

My fiance's Probe has Pirelli's on it.  I'm not too happy with them as I
don't feel they justified the price she paid (he father put them on without
consulting me as that's the stock tire).  The Midget had better traction in
the snow than the FWD probe.  She didn't push it at the gymkhana,  but I do
know they stick well on corners,  but not in the wet.

Mike