Re: Sticking chokes

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>, spitfires
Subject: Re: Sticking chokes
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:29:26 +0100
At 10:35 11-1-2001 +0000, T. .R. Dafforn wrote:

>Anyone had any experience with sticking chokes on SUs?

I don't remember any personal experience in this field, but I think the
problem could be in two areas: either the choke cable is sticking, in which
case you could try lubricating it first. Or just replace it - it's not a
high cost item. The problem might also be the cable end kinking at the carb
when you push the choke back in.
Or it's a restriction at the carb side. Undo the cable and check the choke
axles, return springs and free movement of the butterflies.

>Its embarassing having to open the bonnet when the car has warmed up
>just to flick the chocks back up!

No no no, onlookers can't be anything but impressed with that bonnet, every
time you open it. After all, who has a bonnet like that these days, eh? ;-)

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands
1976 Spit 1500 - Original Java Green