Re: Non-LBC: Sunbird with glowing exhaust manifold - need help

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Non-LBC: Sunbird with glowing exhaust manifold - need help
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:38:25 -0500
Sounds like a combination of a plugged catalytic and, possibly, a rich
condition.  Make sure the check engine light is functioning normally...
There's no really easy check for a plugged convertor though... just checking
if it runs any better with the flange undone.

Luke
'71 Spit "Fireball"
'97 Tercel "Boring stupid car that I NEVER get to fix"
'85 Voyager "$100 winter-beater, and am I glad I didn't try to drive the
Spit all winter this year!"