Non-LBC: Sunbird with glowing exhaust manifold - need help in a

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non-LBC: Sunbird with glowing exhaust manifold - need help in a
From: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 15:58:52 -0500
I just finished replacing the headgasket on my brothers Sunbird (2.0 ltr
OHC), and everything seemed to be running fine, had about two hours or so on
it.  He took it home and is now complaining that the exhaust manifold is
glowing orange!

What exactly would cause this??  Did he blow the head gasket again?  Is the
ignition timing off? I had it set.  brand new valve job, so it shouldn't be
a sticking valve.  What is happening here?

Thanks for helping out.  I want to get this solved so I can move on to other
things.

Happy New Year, New Millinium, and everything else.
Patrick Bowen