Mk1 Spitfire (Project) for sale

To: Spitfire Internet Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Mk1 Spitfire (Project) for sale
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:49:48 -0700
There is a guy in my community who has a Mk1 Spit that is for sale.  It has
been sitting for several years outside and while the
weather here in the desert doesn't hurt it much, it was hauled down here from
New York.

THe car is more or less completw but comes with quite a lot of pack rat stuff
inside the interior, engine compartment and trunk.  THe
floors are rusted through and there is a bit of rust in various places but the
rockers seem to be solid.  The body is fairly straight
(a few dings here and there) and the Dash Pad is completely intact (a rare fine
there).

It has 4 painted wire wheels but the front has later Spit bolt on wheels
installed.  I didn't see the knock-off adapters anywhere but
they may be hiding under the load of pack rat crap in the trunk.

The owner doesn't know what to ask for it, but I told him to expect from 200 to
300 bucks for it.  If I had any place to put the car, I
would have made an offer myself.  The guy has his house up for sale and will be
moving back to Oklahoma, so he is really motivated to
sell the car.

I just hale to see it hauled off to the scrap yard.  And on that note, I'll
tell him that before he resorts to that, I will haul it
here.  BUt because of my lack of space, it likely will be parted out.  I
wouldn't really want to do that, but would have no other
choice.

Regards,
Joe