Re: restoring chrome trim

To: "John Hobson" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: restoring chrome trim
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:46:36 -0500
John, this has always worked very well for me, at a marine supply store get
some "Brass Wool", at a automotive paint store get some PPG DX 597 Metal
Cleaner, dilute as instructed, spary on chrome let stand very wet for about
2 mins., never let it dry, keep it wet, scrub with the brass wool and wash
off. The rust just washes off, not harmful to paint unless you let it stay
on , was the paint around what you are going to clean before applying the
cleaner.  "FT"