RE: seat belts

To: "Spitfires List Server \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: seat belts
From: "Chris Sharp" <sharpc@interaxs.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 19:45:36 -0500
I've asked several yards for old belts to salvage the hardware.  In each
case, I've been told that state law requires them to destroy them and they
are not for sale.  This was in both Texas and Ohio; YMMV, depending on where
you live.  Anyway, I wouldn't want to use old belts anyway -- they may look
safe but you really won't know until they're needed and if they aren't up to
the task, it could very well cost you your life.

On a less depressing note, ISTR that there was a company or two that sew new
belts into your working hardware (inertia reels, buckles, etc.).  They used
to advertise in Hemmings Motor News (i.e the old car bible). You might pick
up a copy at a book store or try http://www.hmn.com and poke around a
little.

Later-

Chris