Re: Re. Blown Fuse

To: "Sean & Shannon Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Subject: Re: Re. Blown Fuse
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 19:12:38 -0400
At 05:53 PM 9/28/00 -0400, Sean & Shannon Twigg wrote:

>I would like to thank everyone for their help with the fuse problem.  After
>a bit of searching and about ten blown fuses I discovered the short was in
>the Cigar lighter.  I swapped it out for a newer unit and everything is
>fine.

Sean,

   A quick tip.  If you are fighting an electrical problem, go to any auto
parts store  or electronic store and purchase a circuit breaker for the
current you think the circuit needs (base on the value of the fuse).  Then
using aligator clips, connect the circuit breaker to the fuse block where
the blown fuse is.  Now as you trouble shoot the circit, when it blows,
it just trips the circuit breaker.  Mearly reset the breaker, and continue
working.  This is usually alot cheaper in the long run that buying fuses.

I have a 3A circuit breaker that I use for most of this type of thing that
I bought at my local Radio Shack about 20 years ago.  If nothing on the
circuit you're working on is turned on, then the 3 breaker is fine.  However,
if your problem is say only when the lights are turned on, you will need
a larger circuit breaker.

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org