Re: Exhaust manifold/downpipe gasket

To: PorscheRcr <PorscheRcr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust manifold/downpipe gasket
From: Richard B Gosling <Gosling_Richard_B@perkins.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2000 02:33:15 -0500
Thanks!  What should you do to avoid everything coming loose?  The catalogues
 (Rimmer and Moss) show a single spring washer and the brass nut only.  I have
 to agree, thought, that when dismantling the system my spring washers have
 always been completely flat, and not returned to their un-sprung shape.
 Hopefully the anti-vibration nuts should do the trick.  Do you think it is
 worth adding a second nut below, to lock up against the first nut, to prevent
 them undoing?

Richard

PorscheRcr@aol.com on 21Sep2000 06:23 AM