Re: Shorter coil springs?

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>, spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shorter coil springs?
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:53:27 -0400
Interesting - mine WAS definitely nose high - and my rear spring is
relatively new. Actually the whole story is my car came with the
"competition" springs when I bought it - I swapped those with a list member
for the stock 1500 springs. Whoa - nose is now pointed to the stars and
handling was terrible. I then bought the MKIV springs - same ride height
(maybe a touch higher) as the comp springs, but the ride of the stock. On
real roads it handles better this way too - the comp springs where so stiff
that he bounced and skittered when cornering on rough roads. Probably
perfect on a racetrack though. I have to be more careful with the lower
ground clearance - as witnessed by my road scrape last weekend that
crunched the old header. I do have air shocks in the rear, but I usually
leave them with no pressure unless I will be driving two-up for a long
distance.

Maybe your springs have sagged??

Kevin Rhodes
Portland, Maine