Re: Welding steel to stainless

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Welding steel to stainless
From: reed mideke <rfm@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 13:14:31 -0700
All the filler necks I dealt with (mostly from nissans) were
some kind of brass/copper. Thus soldering is in order, rather
than welding. For my Spit 1600, I unsoldered the neck from an old
radiator, and soldered it to a piece of copper pipe without too
much trouble. Haven't had any problems with it.

If the parts in question are actually steel and stainless,
you might be able to do it with a tig setup, but I'd go for brazing
or soldering instead. Should work fine.

--
Reed Mideke                  rfm(at)cruzers.com
If that doesn't work:        rfm(at)portalofevil.com