Re: What size screw holds the auto choke on?

To: "John Weale" <jweale@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: What size screw holds the auto choke on?
From: "John & Judy Tones" <jtones@home.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:11:27 -0700
John and all - hope this helps you - the screws in my '78 ZS are 10X32 with
two at 1 inch long and one at 5/8 inch long. I had the same problem with
them comming loose or falling out so put a drop of Locktite on the the last
time and no problems since (2 years). I think that the size is stock as on
my carb the outer threads were badly worn from the screws being loose and I
had to chase them clear with a tap but I remember that I held the tap in my
fingers so I was definately not changing the size.
Cheers - John Tones, Victoria B.C.
'69 MK III Spit - in pieces in the attic
'70 GT 6 MK III - undergoing frame off resto
'78 - 1500 Spit - daily driver