Welded manifolds

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Welded manifolds
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:14:50 -0700
The cast iron manifold I got had a crack in it so I (actually my wife) took
it to a muffler shop and had it welded.  The guys there were skeptical about
the outcome and how long it might last but they did it anyway.  The manifold
held up really well until my car came down with a bad case of "high RPM
backfire" and that eventually spelled doom for the welded-up manifold.

They did the welding for free which was a lot better than $300 for a new
cast iron manifold!  (I now have SS 4-2-1 headers.)

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)