Re: Wiper going wrong way

To: John Baker <dmjbaker@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Wiper going wrong way
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 09:18:08 -0400
At 06:52 AM 9/4/00 -0400, John Baker wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I replaced my wiper box on my 1978 spitfire.   One wiper is perfect. The
>other wiper is going the wrong way.  Was I sent the wrong wiper box or
>is it installed wrong?

John,

Unles you installed the wiper box (transmission) upside (which you can't
in most applications) you probably didn't have the wiper motor in part,
and put the wiper on in the wrong position.  I had a similar problem with
my Morgan.  Simply remove the wiper blade that is going the wrong way.
Turn the wiper motor on, let it make a couple of swipes, then turn it off.
This insures that it is parked.  No reinstall the wiper arm.  Your problem
should be solved.

John

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org