Tricks to the trans

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tricks to the trans
From: "Jason K. Cullum" <jcullum@chorus.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 21:24:17 -0500
I am attempting to put my transmission back in after clutch replacement, it
is being rather stubborn. Once it is clearly through the firewall it doesn't
want to go any further. My first two steps are to get some one to give me a
hand with it other than my wife (she means well but isn't all that much
help) and purchase a clutch alignment tool to be sure the clutch disk is in
the proper position.

My question, Any other advise???? I replaced the clutch in my friends 84
Mustang GT with out an alignment tool and it went back in with a little
coaxing, but not to terrible, why wont this one just snap in???

Thanks,
Jason