Re: RE: ODs off topic

To: Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us
Subject: Re: RE: ODs off topic
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Wed, May 24 2000 11:37:37 GMT-0600
Way back when...in the late 70s, early 80s when my mum first talked about
buying me my first car, I had my eye on some really 'exotic' (for Colorado
Springs in the late 70s) metal. I went to look at a used Alfa GTV, a Corvair
Monza Spyder and then I went looking at the dream-mobiles-I went to look at the
Jags (the XJS was dominant in the showroom), the MGs and the Spitfires. So,
even if I couldn't actually buy one, I know the wonderful feeling of walking
into the showroom and looking at the new ones, touching, feeling, smelling,
picking up the brochures and talking to the salesmen...it was great!

My first car? Turned out my stepfather had a stroke and money became tight and
my mum gave me her '70 Caddy Eldorado. Loathsome hulk of a car-but at least she
knew that I was safe in it!

Laura G.