Engine going back togethor

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine going back togethor
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 10:03:46 -0400
OK, I have a question I need answered in a hurry.  I rebuilt my engine
yesterday, but have a concern.  Could someone out there tell me if I need to
worry about this.  After reassembly the pistons 1 and 4 went up and down
smoothly leaving nothing on the cylinder walls.  Numbers 2 and 3 both left a
very small straight streak of assembly lube.  I am assuming this is just
residual, but wouldn't the rings scrape it smooth or do I have the two
compression ring gaps lined up.  If I do, do I need to be concerned?  or
will it correct itself.  I would rather not disassemble the entire engine if
I do not absolutely have to!!

Also, Is there anyone out there that has a distributor drive gear they would
like to get rid of?  I just realized yesterday mine is gone.  Please let me
know.

As I am in a hurry today and will not be at my computer, would there be an
engine guru out there that would give me a call and I will call them back on
my dime.  PLEASE!! (he says down on both knees)  My number is 904-233-6182

Patrick Bowen