EARLY SPITFIRE HARDTOP

To: "spitfires@autox.team" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: EARLY SPITFIRE HARDTOP
From: "Mike Ross" <mikeross@Prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:57:36 -0400
The hardtop assembly for Mk1 through Mk3 is being remanufactured and is
available from Rimmer Brothers in  the UK.

I got a price quote today for the complete assembly with all seals,
headliner, glass, etc....NEW!!  They are asking 265 pounds + 250 pounds
shipping.  Converted to US currency that is $393. for the top and $371. for
shipping from the UK to Ohio.

If I buy a used top in the States and a new window from Quiller Triumph and
all the associated seals, etc., it would cost me between $461 and $750
depending on where I bought the top.  That is before any restoration
(repairing rust, priming, painting).

Mike Ross
'67 Spitfire (soon to be a Spit 6)
'66 Spitfire