RE: Spitfire Beer Update

To: "Rob Travis" <sixt6spitfire@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Beer Update
From: "James Gambony" <BritBits@tiu.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 23:07:26 -0500
Rob,

You have to remember that there's a large and flourishing Spitfire
population still here in North Texas... so of course we'd serve "Spitfire"
beer at a major event.  Even for the non-Spitfire owners.  :-)

Actually, I started seeing Spitfire ale in the DFW area sometime back in
1996 or so... last year when I tried to track some down I was told there was
a strike on, either at the brewery or on the docks.  I find that too easy to
believe for some reason.   :-(

Back in 1997 they were doing a marketing blitz, I got some neat bar posters
from my local contact.

"The Bottle of Britain"
"No Fokker Comes Close"
"Goering, Goering, gone"

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas TX
5xSpitfire
2xTR6
1xGT6+
And a few other cars in the collection :-)