towing a spit.

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: towing a spit.
From: "Richard Stieg" <rstieg@cityofbartlett.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:00:55 -0500
Now that my 75 is a going concern, I want to tow the thing to the Gulf Coast
for a week.  I couldnt find a reference to how best to tow a spit behind a
motorhome for 550 miles @ 70 mph in the digest.  I will rent a 4-wheel
trailer (bulky and hard to store) if a two-wheel dolly will not work.  I
remember something about not turning the diffy at speed for very long unless
you remove the drive shaft. (uck)  If I make sure the trans in in neutral,
would I cause too many problems towing with the front wheels on a dolly?
Or should I bite the bullet and rent a big trailer?

TIA, listers.
rick stieg