Sagging rear end

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sagging rear end
From: "BillG" <wrgingerich@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 08:21:23 -0500
Greetings, All.

I'm debating the best way to fix the sag in my '74 Spit.  As I see it there
are 3 options: install a new spring, re-curve the existing spring, or
install air shocks.  A new spring seems pretty straight forward.  Re-curving
a 26 year old spring seems marginal.  Would it hold up or just sag again?
Air shocks seem the simplest.  I don't plan on building a race car and don't
need Spax shocks set on "rock hard."  Air shocks would also allow adjustment
for the times when I need the load capacity.  What are the experiences and
opinions of the list?

Bill G
1974 Spitfire